PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IGRUA (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 22:01
Speed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are only 3000-5000 unemployed cpl holders in india and you are trying to be a pilot...there are innumerable engineering graduates in india without a job or in jobs for which they are overqualified...igrua is the only place where there is an educational school like set up compared to other flying schools...(in the sense of how an indian family mentality is that kid should go to an institute and not a club where u give money and fly an hour....when i was starting out....indian airlines ad used to say u will be employed with a basic salary of 6350..or something like that...i didnt think what money i will get or what job i will have....i had to do it and i did it...if u are doing this for easy money take a u-turn and go someplace else...if u are doing this because u want to be a pilot and dream of flying, pack your bags, head to igrua, tell them i am here and not leaving till you place me in an airline...if might get bumpy in the middle, but if you are meant to be, you will make it...as for the airlines and endorsement...jet has always asked for 7.5 lacs....indigo will always ask you to pay for endorsement....indian airlines and air india used to deduct money from salary but not doing it any more...(however what they do tomo is anybodys guess), so talk to banks...they will give you loans....all you have to do is live your dream and not screw up...and yeah never talk to agents....i have been in aviation since 2005 and never been to a dgca office....first igrua took care of all the paperwork and now the airline does...and yeah once you are out of igrua you will be a 200hr wonder (and not a 250 hour wonder), if you know what i mean....all the best...