PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 20:16
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is totally understandable that you think that way tchanhk. I find it quite remarkable that grown men, who probably kow tow in the presence of senior management are jealously safeguarding their own backsides within a company under a viel of anonymity at the expense of impressionable youngsters keen to forge a career in commercial aviation.

I have sat by and watched the same names on this website systematically rubbish future careers by their repetative ramblings against this worldwide CEP scheme. Nowhere in the real world have I heard even a whisper of the apparent derision expressed by a very vocal minority of (allegedly) CX pilots here. Odd that. So that says either one of two things to me:

a) This forum is still the homepage of a number of very disgruntled DEP hold pool candiates who vetoed the new pay scale after getting their hopes up following their DEP interview process. Understandable grievances for sure, but life moves on lads!

b) Some "old salts" (as one PPRuNer dubbed them) are unhappy with the CX management, the current recruitment drive and the possiblility of diminishing T&C's for themselves. Understandable again I guess, but their incessant presence on any thread remotely connected to CX has all but rendered any argument they had completely farcical given the over egging. Baby thrown out with the bath water bigtime chaps.

So my advice for any young wannabe with no hours, who doesn't have the financial means to make a career in commercial aviation a possibility, is to apply for the CEP scheme and keep at it! Do not listen to the tired old voices on this website who, lets be clear, have serious ulterior motives in swaying you away from your goal in life! Selfish, self preservating, 'pull the ladder up Jack and sod the rest' wimps lacking the courage of their convictions to get off their backsides and practice the behaviour they are preaching. Tragic.

Just remember: these guys smile to their bosses, take the cash and then complain like hell about it on an anonymous internet forum. You can learn a lot about the human condition from reading some of the stuff in this forum kids. It shows everything that is wrong with western capitalist thinking and proves the old adage that whether you have too much or not enough of it - money will always cause arguments.

Follow your dreams kids and do not become cynical before your time. Yes, the CEP scheme is NOT free but it's a damn sight cheaper and reliable than anything else going.

VFE.