PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IGRUA (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 16:42
givememywings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IGRUA (Merged 2011)

i have been selected by Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi) and have to join my training in august 2011. i have come across a lot of negative news..although i am very keen on flying..i understand that its no cakewalk and requires a lot of dedication..but these news are very discouraging..

everybody knows there are around 3000-5000 jobless CPL-HOLDERS in India..!!

but a lot of people talk about IGRUA'S reputation and campus placements..does that really exist?? i read somewhere that Indian airline directly selects students of igrua and trains them for boeing aircrafts..! i guess it sounds too good be true..

and what is the employment scene really like..does a fresh inexperienced cpl-holder stand any chance?? or is it only type-rating (and that too self-sponsored!) that can get u a job??
do airlines still have cadet programs where the type-rating is sponsored by the airline?
how does one get selected as a trainee-pilot?? I have heard that some airlines (jet airways and spice jet pay back half the cost of your type rating after service of 5 years or so..)

is it the right time to go for CPL training at all...?? will things look up in the years ahead..??