PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 12:49
MARKEYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what it is , is that most of us , like any other group are passionate about an airport and of course want it to be a success and develop

Having seen Bournemouth grow slowly throughout the last few years in particular , with many disappointments in the past , probably more than most small UK airports ! we are all happy to see it develop

When the MAG group came in an invested 45 million i am sure they like us could not possibly have imagined how things would have turned out . Hopefully it is a blip and things will improve

The frustration lies in a lot of areas , Ryanair s expectations they will grow and put on more routes and aircraft seemed to have stopped in there tracks and now seem only a 9 month based airline , and yes i am sure they do hold the airport to ransom . The route development / marketing side of things needs looking at . I have spoken a few times to them but no disrespect all i seem to get is a 20 year old girl who seems very un aware of even basics like tour operators / routes etc . The airport web site is very out of date with destinations and timetables .

All these things hopefully can be addressed and things will improve , its disappointing Easy Jet wont operate any more routes but i am sure they have worked things out to the last penny and yield and for them BOH is not for them at the moment

Fingers crossed for the future !!