PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to prepare for international flights within Europe?
Old 19th Jun 2011, 11:25
German guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to prepare for international flights within Europe?

Hello everybody,

until today, I just flew in Germany and the USA. I would however like to do some trips around Europe.
I fly out of Speyer in Germany, the countries I would like to fly to are Norway, England and Croatia.

On the way to England, I would have to pass Luxembourg, Belgium and France.
For getting to Norway Denmark and Sweden would have to be passed and for Croatia Austria, Italy and Slowenia.

I feel now somewhat helpless about how much efforts I will have to put in the preparation for each of these trips.
How do you prepare for this kind of journeys? Getting Jeppesen trip kits for all of the countries you are going to pass? Reading the whole AIP of each of the countries?

Please excuse me if my questions sounds dumb, but to spend more than 500,- € just for a trip kit for a weekend trip to England, feels somewhat awkward. Isn't there something like a publication which points out the specialities of each of the country's regulations? So that all I would need to get is this publication and the current charts?

Cheers,

Oliver