PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2011, 09:13
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what you are saying is First and Business class passengers all come from South of London and that passengers from North of London dont really matter, What you didnt grasp is all the people I talked to were from North of London not that they were the only passengers from North of London.

AirAsia are doing very well on a daily service from Stansted and filling there flat beds so that tells you people do want a North London service, so much so that other major Airlines are planning rival Low cost services to try and get there lost passenger back.

As for NewYork, First and Business class passengers soon came to Stansted to use EOS and MAXJET and they would still be around if AA had not got worried and started flights from Stansted ONLY to kill the compertition off, Then pull the route as soon as they had done the job, Dont for one minute think AA came to Stansted for any other reason, the load factors on AA were very good and that was when there was MAX and EOS, So Three flight to NewYork from Stansted, AA kills two off so there was plenty of passengers to fill 2 daily AA flight to NewYork but what happened AA ran back to Heathrow.

I know it wont happen for a while But if Ryanair or another low cost Airline decide to start Transatlantic services the the big boys will have something to worry about
and they wont win the fight, people will use the lowcost Airlines even in business just like they are using AirAsia.

I didnt say there was a problem with Airlines wanting to save money ! I was saying if an Airline wanted to save money the should try a cheaper Airport than Heathrow.