PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pax held for 3 hours in 50C heat, then evac by slide
Old 18th Jun 2011, 20:26
BigFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"We donīt know ANY facts"

ŋ Not even the NAME of the airline ?

OK weīre agreed on that.

After that, I reckon "200 hysterical Italians and Spaniards invented this "so-called" incident, the Spanish media in a fit of anti-Hibernian pique printed a series of unfounded allegations without making the slightest effort to check them in marked contrast to the renowned truthfulness of Fleet Streetīs finest and the ACU, the Andalucian consumer agency which mentioned failure by Ryanair on this occasion to comply with transport law EU261/2004 and also commented that the company in question had a lot of form on this front was conjoined in a bout of collective hysteria with said 200 passengers."

Mark you thatīs only speculation on my part.

There might for all I know have been a real incident, 200 passengers including a 14 month old baby might have been held on the runway at outer temperatures of 37C and inner temperatures around 50C for at least 2 hours.

But it is impossible to establish any of these 3 alleged facts because:

Nobody has any idea of the measured temperature at Seville Airport between 12:50 and 14: 40 on Thursday 16th June

Nobody has any objective experience of the likely increase (or "to be scientifically objective") decrease in temperature within a fully laden aircraft on the tarmac at the temperature that day; which latter fact is admittedly impossible to establish.

The fact that this particular company no longer has its operating data quoted on Flightstats, the most commonly consulted source of data for non-experts, means that nobody will ever know what the actual period under un sol de justicia was last Thursday.

So to summarise: Nobody will ever know.

My comment ?

How very convenient for some people. For whom ? Guess !