PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 18th Jun 2011, 20:06
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a separate note Aer Lingus have canceled a few flights from Dublin, however, no hotels available anywhere near Dublin to accommodate the stranded passengers, not sure what flights but 300 effected passengers. I see that Chicago (1250)canceled and Heathrow (1700). Aer Lingus have made inquiries for Hotels near BFS so maybe , just maybe I am not sure, Chicago (if its the effected flight) could operate from BFS tomorrow???
From what I herd the LHR passengers are being transfered onto other LHR flights this evening.

The 300 passengers are from the canceled Chicago flight due to a tec fault. Aircraft is grounded in Chicago until Sunday evening but it's not confirmed if the aircraft will depart then. So no Chicago departures until Monday at the earlist. Passengers being accomadted on other EI flight to US and onword with Untied. Some will wait until Monday to go also.

This is part of Bus Eireann ecpanding airport services. Only last week they announced a 9 times daily service from airprot to other regional cities in Ireland.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 18th Jun 2011 at 23:35.