PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2011, 18:09
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
DozyWannabe, if tomorrow I don’t make it, I want my wife, children, best friends, to have a look TOO at MY data when my authorities will set their dirty move.
Hi CONF,

If the information is accurate, I wouldn't call it a "dirty move". It may not be pleasant to hear, but according to what the minister has been told, the pilots were supposedly trained to handle pitot icing/blockage incidents, mode reversion and all that comes inbetween in this incident.

Note that he's not saying the aircraft is blameless - he can't because the information is out that the pitots were probably the initiating factor. The BEA were the ones who released that information publicly when their initial interim report was released a couple of years back - if they really wanted to "stitch up" the pilots then they would never have released that information.

As I said earlier - the BEA can be said to have handled a single AF/Airbus incident "badly", though personally speaking I wouldn't have wanted any part in that political minefield. That incident was 23 years ago and they're still dealing with the damage that did their reputation today. It would be utter madness for them to try to do so again, so I say again, give them a chance.