PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2011, 12:44
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem STN has at the moment is that it has to be sold, This is stopping any good deals being offered to new Airlines, There are some very good slots for Transatlantic and Asian routes at Stansted and loads of check-in desks and gates available Stansted just needs to give unbeatable deals to any new Airline wishing to open new unserved routes. AirAsia is doing very well with very high loads many of their passenger take advantage of the low cost Airlines to discover Europe.

I still find it hard to understand why Satnsted does not have flights to -
Orlando, Las Vegas, New York, Toronto, Dubai I could go on and make a page long list but I wont, There are many 1000's of passengers north of the M25 who hate the fact that they have to risk the dreaded M25 to get to Gatwick or Heathrow for there flights.

Im sure most people who have to uses the M25 have a horror story of delays tail backs and even missed flights. I myself have had many heart racing moment trying to get to Gatwick and Heathrow the worst being a missed flight to MCO I left for what should have been a 1.5 hr drive door to door which ended up taking 5 hrs from Colchester Essex to Gatwick I gave myself three hours but even this was not enough I now stay in a Airport hotel when flying from LGW or LHR.

On another flight to SFO the flight was delayed 3 hrs due to over a 100 passengers and some crew being stuck on the M25, I know that traffic delays can happen anywhere but the M25 has to be the biggest carpark in the world.