PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A&P school
Thread: A&P school
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2011, 02:33
Ibbydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A&P Mech License

Agree with Demon Duck………

Try the address below. I hear they are good & may accommodate your inclusive 2 weeks time-frame……..buddies have been there & speak highly of them.

AvTech Exams Airframe and Powerplant TestingAvTech Exams Airframe and Powerplant Testing

6951 Flight Rd # 202
Riverside, CA 92504-1956, United States
Tel: (951) 352-8180

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/medi ... 8610-2.pdf

The above is the site/application form for the A&P. Basically as I remember you fill this out and take it to a FSO and they review your application and determine if you can get the A&P. This is where you need your school documentation and the letter from CAA confirming that you already have a AME license, take your log book, the more info the better. You need to have this done before you can start writing the tests. (You may need to have a letter from your employer why you need a A&P, as the FAA don't like giving issuing out anymore, unless your a Yank).

I hear Avtech Courses are condensed and contained. If you mess up a exam you can re-write it right away without having to plan a second trip. The DME's they have for the oral and practical are fair. Avtech have deals all over town for accommodation and such.

As for a FSO, they have one in San Jose and they are pretty cool too
Ibbydoo