PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA,BACX,BALPA-Conflict of interest?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2002, 08:54
Maximuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink HEAR HEAR HEAR !!!!!!!

May I too commend Bill and Giles for their stance, very well done chaps! Thank goodness you were elected and re-elected.

Whilst at it, in the general spirit of things, may I also commend the BACC who do appear to be looking at the complete picture, rather than just their part of it at last. Well done all; now we need to translate these fine aspirations into action.

1. All opportunities open to all. using a master seniority system accepting the CX go to the bottom - but staying in current ordering.

2. CX to continue with their age 60 retirement for Final Salary Pension Purposes, and Money Purchase pilots to be brought into the scheme.

3. CX pilots to maintain grandfather rights (a la CFE) for those of us who are happy where we are.

Only problem I could potentially see is where BA guys may wish to take a command with CX temporarily, or indeed post age 55. This will need some careful thought, but if all new recruits come in via CX, it should balance out in time. The overall pilot product should be a much more rounded individual than in current practise too.

Bill, Giles, Rob - any timetabling on this?