PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Split/Bandbox of en-route sectors in Europe
Old 17th Jun 2011, 19:22
BrATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, let's say a "useful gadget", then.

The procedures you describe are pretty much the same as the ones I could have described, we just don't use the "moving" part of the prediction : we rely on numbers. Works fine when done properly.

Precision : I de-zoom my radar image only when/if the supervisor has warned me, after he has made the analysis (he's got plenty of time for this !).

Our rosters have bbecome quite rigid down here : since last year's mess, they don't change anymore but, in regard of the predicted traffic, we still have pauses. In the control room, or in the room next to it, so no need for phones.(in fact, we've got three of them, but don't use them anymore)

We are all qualified on the 40ish sectors of our center : 14 geographic sectors cut vertically in slices. As you see, we don't miss staffing flexibility either.
I guess same job, same reason, same result... management makes the difference...

Question : does your TLPD have a "rewind" button ? Is there a possibility to get back to a part of the prediction that could have been missed for any reason ? I mean the part that says what will happen in 20 mins instead of 40, for exemple (useless, I know... just curious)