PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2011, 15:31
MurphyWasRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LW50:
The recorded cockpit briefing about temperature not developing as planned/forecasts may be of no moment ... or maybe a clue pointing to TAT readings sensing beginning to degrade as Airspeed sensing began to go wrong?
I missed the implications of the briefing on temps not developing as expected before now but this fits well with my (just a)theory that almost every item included in the BEA note will in hindsight appear to be relevant to the final determination of the event chain.

As I have said before they (BEA) have a much better picture of what happened than outsiders so the note would have been written with the likely ultimatly signinificant factors in mind.

Also possibly significant is that the final item in the note is the mention of dual control inputs (no hint if matching) and the transfer of control.

My take on this is that beyond this point there was still (at the time the note was created) discussion/uncertainty within BEA as to whether the situation was (even theoretically) recoverable and the level of understanding of the situation in the cockpit.