PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Put me down sick!
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2002, 06:57
Put me down sick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wow Someone's rubbed the Fox the wrong way!

Foxy,

You sound as though you have many a tale to tell about your OPS department?
I agree it is not any of their buisiness to know what is wrong and most of the time I feel guilty at the thought of having to consider calling in sick. Although I never have called in sick I have heard that some of the other crew have been treated poorly and made to feel like crap for doing so.
I will however say that I had to sit in OPS one time and couldn't belive the number of calls they got from crew calling in sick and some did not give any regard to the amount of notice they gave. I suppose thats why I always get called on airport duties to cover a 3 day trip at the last minute! It is however very upsetting to see girls getting away with what they do in regard to this matter. On a recent trip my CS was laughing at the fact that she called in sick whilst away on her last trip and that no one had questioned her about it.
"For every action there is a reaction"
Of course OPS are going to react to you calling in sick and sometimes their response is not very positive or professional but you sound as though you are very familiar with having to make that call? If so I thankyou for allowing me to get more in my pay packet each month.