PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2011, 10:17
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi jcjeant,
Originally Posted by jcjeant
I'm sure we will write more about all this in few (long) years when the things will be in the justice court ......
BTW .. licences are not tradition matter .. they are things required by the laws for perfom some things in aviation or any other occupations where special qualifications are required
Of course you can put a monkey on the commands of a plane or a bus .. if the travel have a happy end .. nobody will complain .. but if it's not the case .............
Well jcjeant, you should have a look at the BEA published facts rather than reporting those "rumors" only aimed at descrediting all the work done. Those are summarized at the end of each interim report, including the last 27 May note.
I Paraphrased the BEA statements (numbering is mine) and one may read in compilation with such issue:

At this stage of the investigation, on the basis of the factual elements gathered in the course of the investigation published in Interim reports of 2 July 2009(a), 17 December 2009(b) and an update on Investigation of 27 May 2011(c), The following facts have been established by the BEA:
---------------------------------------------------
100. AIRCRAFT AND CREW
---------------------------------------------------
. 101a. The crew possessed the licenses and ratings required to undertake the flight;
. 102a. The airplane possessed a valid Certificate of Airworthiness, and had been maintained in accordance with the regulations;
. 103a. The airplane had taken off from Rio de Janeiro without any known technical problems, except on one of the three radio management panels;
. 104c. The composition of the crew was in accordance with the operator’s procedures;
. 105c. At the time of the event, the weight and balance of the airplane were within the operational limits;
. 106c. At the time of the event, the two co-pilots were seated in the cockpit and the Captain was resting;
. 107c. The Captain returned to the cockpit about 1 min 30 after the disengagement of the autopilot.