PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2011, 10:16
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
BUDGIE;
But these days they don't have to turn up and do some surveillance to see when they start or finish. They can just sit in their stolen audis looking at what ASU's are doing on tw@tter with there stolen internet phones.

ASU's really don't help themselves do they.

Or simply read the papers, type 'Police Helicopter Bases' into google, call their local police station, and ask or even use the Freedom of Information Act etc etc

Tw@tter entries for example, are done after an ac has returned to its relevant base and sometimes the day or 2 after, so any information gained is old hat and depends on what the crims are doing anyway. (With the cost savings going on its all reactive work anyway) Find me an entry that says, will be deploying after 'The Apprentice' to the Red Lion pub hoping to catch lead thieves! The only way a crim will know where the aircraft will be is to be involved with something that requires the presence of the helicopter

They can just sit in their stolen audis looking at what ASU's are doing on tw@tter with there stolen internet phones.
NO! They can see what ASU's have done !

If that's not the case BUDGIE, and you are able to foretell what an ASU is doing by tw@tter et al, can you please tell me what I will be doing next Friday as I was thinking of taking my knitting in and finishing off that scarf!

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 17th Jun 2011 at 10:19. Reason: twtter spelt properly, automatically changes to PPRUNE