PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet
Thread: Easyjet
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2011, 06:53
ribena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EpsilonVaz, that is god news that you have got a permanent contract. I apologise if I wasn't clear about how it works but I will try and clear it up as a lot of people are complaining (albeit to ourselves) about this, so I will try and break it down.

1. Afte your type rating / base training / induction day etc you now have an initial 8 months flying (a few yeas ago this was 6 months) where we are not 'officially working' etc and we get £1200 a month living allowance. During this stage we are not allowed any leave. If you join through Parc, you paid from day one and I believe (please correct me if I am wrong as I don't know anybody personally on their contract) you start to earn a holiday entitlement.

2. After your initial 8 months you are transferred fully onto the Flexicrew contract where you get start to get paid by the scheduled block hour. From the start of this contract you also start to earn your leave entitlement ( 28 days per year etc etc).

3. easyJet have 'blacked out' the summer months so we can not get leave by aplying though Nursling during this time. We received a spreadsheet saying when we can/can not apply for leave - (this was defiantly the case at my base).

4. You are right, from what I have seen CTC are applying the rules. But, if you finish your 8 months 'training' in the period between Jan-Apr you can not get any leave until Sep-Oct at the earliest. Which means that you start flying in May 2010, you therefore start the Flexi officially in Feb 11 and because of the restrictions the first leave you can get is Sep 2011 - a total of 16 months sitting in the RHS without a break not including the time in the Sim for Type Rating and then between induction with the training to the first day of line training not base training.

Hopefully that helps clear things up.