PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Put me down sick!
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2002, 03:07
flying_fox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have a problem with being asked how long I would expect to be off work when I am ill. That is a reasonable question and I can see how that would assist Operations in doing their job. I do have a problem with being asked what illness I am suffering! Quite frankly, it is nobody elses business except mine. The amount of time off is ALL that is required. Nothing else. In my opinion, asking for anymore details is just being nosey and offensive.

We, as FA's, used to be given the medical condition of a pax when they were flying with a medical clearance. Because of the new (and very recent) changes to privacy laws we are not given these details anymore. This can make it very difficult to anticipate any appropriate treatment to give to a pax if their condition should deteriorate - but we have to just run with this.

Operational staff are not excempt from the Privacy Laws. I am sure they are quite capable of sucessfully, and professionally doing their job without overstepping the mark!

Even if people are pulling a "fast one", who are you to judge? I would imagine you could become very bitter if you bothered to waste time wondering about it.

Last edited by flying_fox; 5th Oct 2002 at 03:12.