PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NVQ's - anyone ever get one?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2001, 14:09
little red train

Spoke to some bean counting friends of mine.

If your self employed you can off-set training costs (All of It) against income tax, for a maximum of three years,

ie pay for training 01/01/01 can reduce income tax payments until 01/01/03.

This is only applicable if you are self employed. and do all the tax stuff yourself.

I'm making it my personal mission to screw the goverment out of as much tax as I possibly can (Leagally ), I have recived no goverment help for all my training, so they can think again If I'm gonna pay for Prince William to go and look at pretty pictures at Saint Andrews.

Rolling Circle, Your points are valid, I suppose I was a bit of a bad apple in the bunch, I'm not sure If you've seen the NVQ logbook, but In an attached Letter, I said it was not required to fill out the NVQ logbook, only If i actually wanted a HND. The Timescale I was (and still am) looking at has put me outside the possiblity of geting an HND anymore.

The triviality of the requiremets is astonashing. randomly picked a unit:-

Unit 4A

"Check and operate radar and radio aids and carry out radiotelephonic communicatuions"

A4.1 Check and operate radar and radio aids

Ground D/F

boxes to be filled:
Assesment Method
Evidence ref.
Date
A/C Type
A/C Reg
Assessor's Signature

repeat for ADF, ILS, VOR, Decca(!!!), Doppler, DME, Wx Radar, GPWS, VLF Nav systems, Ground radar, SSR Transponder, INS system

A futher pages of long hand to be completed by assesor as to each question asked, response, improvments reqired.

now onto unit 4.2

It would be easy to spend 5 times longer filling paper work than actually learning to fly.

But my key point is: what the he|| is the Comercial licence for?

the HND is all fine and dandy, but there is little difference between the requirements for that than the actuall ATPL. If the bloody goverment woke up and realised that a commercail licence is the key to a profession, and not a mound of paperwork the better.

No I didn't fill in the paper work, I took the money and spoilt the system, but I still feel the system was a farce it badly guided and mis-directed, the commercail licences should be looked upon as the qualification not an administrative bolt-on. I took advantage of It, I'm going for my ATPL and thats is my primary aim.

[This message has been edited by little red train (edited 07 March 2001).]