PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL(M) to NPPL(SSEA) conversion
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 21:29
IanPZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL(M) to NPPL(SSEA) conversion

Hiya all.

Just musing this evening, reading various threads about EASA, and a thought came to mind. I am currently doing my NPPL(M) and very much enjoying it. Microlights suit me, and certainly I have no "need" to fly, beyond the enjoyment factor, so the whole IMC thing, whilst very interesting in a theoretical sense, makes no difference to me.

However, one thing that has always been at the back of my mind was that one day, if the fancy took me, I would take the conversion to SSEA. It isn't something I feel strongly enough about to consider going straight for NPPL(SSEA) or PPL, but always a thought.

And then, reading a magazine and an article about conversion, I suddenly thought....

"What happens when EASA comes in and NPPL(SSEA) disappears (or does it?) Does that mean there will no longer be any path from microlights to larger planes, without starting from ground zero again?

Any ideas, anyone? I looked through a lot of the documentation and all I could find was statements about "no conversion path" or "excluded as it is in Annex 2"

Bet you all know, though! Thanks. IPZ