PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Fear of Falling????
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 19:44
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We joked after my 'breakthrough' side slipping lesson that the top of the stick in the Cub started life square and had only become round due to my death grip on it.

Once I relaxed I found it really fun to be looking at the runway out of a side window, not only that but with a relaxed grip I was able to just play with the bank and rudder controls to see what would happen. A week before I was making absolutely pathetic attempts at slipping and couldn't even hold the runway center line because I was holding off the bank too much, for fear of, well you know, falling or the Cub toppling over.

See if you can relax the grip on the next flight and chill a bit. I'm sure it will come together. But really don't be afraid to talk to your instructor I realised a long time ago they have seen it all before and when one is honest about fears and problems they will absolutely do their best to help out.

I'm going for aeros soon, seems to me the only way to really overcome it all is to make all attitudes and sensations 'normal'.