PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NVQ's - anyone ever get one?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2001, 00:21
little red train

Thumbs down

The NVQ was a badly guided farce in my View.

The Virgin captin must have tryed it for a Joke.

What is the reason for having a "Higher National Degree" in "Flying Stuff" The CORRECT name for the qualification saught is an ATPL or CPL/IR, these are the qualifications required to get a job flying for reward. Is the HND in "Flying stuff" recognised by ICAO, CAA, JAA? No! I've got a HND in Welding and having just finished the JAA ATPL(A) Groundschool, I conclude flying planes is harder than welding. but a HND would not appear to make the difference clear. All the work required for the Commercial licence was then duplicated in paperwork (and in more tedious detail) in the daft NVQ manual.

Cant we simply conclude the ATPL or CPL is a valid qualification. There sole use is to allow a pilot to gain reward for flying. FTO's were providing the NVQ training, so it could be argued by no feat of the imagination that they would be just as capable of being regarded as "Training colleges" and the "NVQ" deducted at source on ALL comercial training... no exsessive and usless paperwork, recognition of the Commercail Licenses for what they are, and a stop to PPL's leaching the system.

Just my take, but then I shouldn't give a s**t I took the 23% ran, and use the NVQ book as a doorstop

[This message has been edited by little red train (edited 06 March 2001).]