PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 17:32
ltua330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bournemouth

Mark

You are dead right just like lots of people on the forum,Bournemouth itself not just the airport is full of people who have not a clue,why do we have them all?

1.Airport
2.Imax
3.Castlepoint
4.Surf Reef

Southend have the Stobbards who know how to do business,Bournemouth/Poole/Christchurch is marketed as a rich place to live but yet the authorities say they can not afford to connect the Airport to a road which is about a mile away from the Airport,other countries would have even got a railway link into Christchurch.

I think there is no future at Bournemouth Airport while they have people working for them who have not got a clue and I think they are happy with what they have.Easyjet should be basing an aircraft or 2 at Bournemouth by now and the routes lost like Prague/Amsterdam/Innsbruck/Paris which always went out with high load factors would be a success for them.There must be other reasons why they are not here,the Innsbruck is a no brainer surely as the last 15 years tell us,Thomson/Inghams/Crystal could sell seats on it as well.

With the amount of students coming to Bournemouth then it should be a viable option to have Easyjet here,its all been said many times before and I just dont know where it will end.