PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 14:05
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Presumably tucumseh hasn't quoted everything here because this doesn't fully substantiate what he wrote in #7861. In a way, the quoted paragraph is nugatory because if you're going to carry out "validation procedures" then you need "adequate rights of access and use to design information and code".

squidlord

Not sure what you're getting at here. If you aren't are familiar with the policy document, it is 49 pages long. If you are familiar with it, what part do you want me to quote?

As I said, it is the policy issued by DUS(DP) which D/Stan were required to reflect in their standards and Project Managers were required to implement. I didn't write it and can't help the way it is written. To me, it is clear enough; although, as you imply, it does spell out some rather obvious aspects.

However, that is infinitely better than many other standards, which assume competence and detailed prior knowledge, which was fine at time of writing. This has not been an MoD requirement in this field for over 20 years (when suppliers in AMSO assumed command of procurement process) which is a major reason behind many acquisition and airworthiness failures.

Surely the question you must be asking it whether or not these regulations were complied with. When you discover the answer is "No", ask if that constitutes doubt (as well as a major risk). Then I think we'll both agree.