PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 12:46
dalek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRM

I am surprised nobody got back to Olive oil on his question in 7849.
I asked it many years ago. I knew a few pilots at Odiham at the time. They told me that the working relationship between the two pilots and the crewmen involved was very good. Anybody know anything different?

Mind you, that doesn't mean that the working relationship between the crew members didn't break down on this particular sortie. That is why every organisation other than the Royal Air Force insists on CVR.

Cazatou 7851

I have no idea why the Det Cdr chose the crews the way he did. But I can hazard a guess.
Flt Lt Tapper was flying an extended crew duty day in marginal conditions. He put his most experienced crew on the Mull sortie and left his less experienced RN Officer and Navigator to tackle something (he considered) less challenging.
You have done daily programmes. You know as well as I do that the previous and next days programmes, medical appointments, leave etc etc all have to be factored into the decision.
There was only one person who knew the answer to your question. I'm sorry he can't tell us

Last edited by dalek; 17th Jun 2011 at 10:09.