PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanted: Staff travel stories
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 10:29
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does this work?

Checked in for a flight that was overbooked in economy, 5+ in F and 6 in J. Asked if I would accept economy if nothing else. said yes so was given an economy boarding pass and told that if space available they will give me a J seat at the gate. Asked how that works if you are overbooked in economy, told its because marco polo higher tier members need to be accommodated for. Early morning so thought not much of it. Whilst having a coffee realized that if I get an economy seat it means they have upgraded someone and downgraded me! Went back and said in fact no I won't accept an economy seat as will wait for the next flight. Lots of computer input later told that I can still go to gate with economy boarding pass and refuse the seat if it is not J and get listed for the later one. Also got a new stamp that said id seat at gate put on boarding pass. Initially was it just to get me out of the way and no effort would be made to give me the seat I have a ticket for? How can I get an economy seat on a flight overbooked in economy but open in business and first?

I thought the policy was to NOT upgrade pax at the expense of ID staff.