PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 10:00
Sam0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, new here etc.

I'm also going through the process. I passed my Stage 1 at the start of May. That was at Prestwick. Got my Stage 2 on the 20th July in Fareham.

Stage 1 for me was quite easy. As long as you learn the source material and are familiar with S=D/T equations (make sure you practice some without a calculator before hand) then you should get through them bits alright. For me it started, we all went in to the room and were given a quick speech about how if you hadn't revised the source material you should leave, and if you weren't willing to work anywhere in the country you should leave. And were told about the structure of the tests. Which was After the first two tests (both multiple choice, first one was on the material, second was the numeracy S=D/T stuff) whoever hadn't got a high enough mark would be asked to leave and wouldn't be allowed to sit the second part of stage 1. Which was a pretty nerve racking time when she was reading the list of names who had to leave.
Then the second part was gthe dreaded 'Spatial Awareness' tests and the code one (where you follow the diagrams to get to the correct final picture).
I did notice that I looked like one of the youngest candidates there though (I'm 21).

I don't really know what to expect for stage 2. I've read alot that you can't really prepare for it which doesn't help at all.
One thing is that this process is costing me quite a bit money cos where I live I can't just travel on the day, so I'm having to pay for accomodation and so far there aren't any expenses paid. So I had to buy return train tickets to Prestwick and a hotel for a night which cost me £110. And for Fareham the tickets and overnight hotel is costing me £160. Which is quite a lot of money when you're only on the wage I'm on at the minute. But it's a ways to a means, and hopefully it'll be all worth it in the end :-D