PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forthcoming Book on The 49ers
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2011, 08:41
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, (and others in the community),

Thank you for producing at great detail the truth. I read the book from cover to cover over a few days - couldn't put it down, mostly out of shocking realisation of these facts.

It is mentioned at what stage is the AOA responsible for future CX pilots. Interesting. I interviewed over 3 years ago having served over 4000 hrs of an apprenticeship in Oz GA. Study for the interview....there's another exercise in candle burning whilst holding down a full time flying job.......because that is what it took to get into CX as SO: experience and knowledge. Now all you need is zero to little experience and a naivety beyond comprehension.

With this C-Scale iCadet scheme, what is the AOA doing about it?

Record profits yet renumeration cut by as much as 60% (over a career) for the new joiners!?

A housing allowance allowance package starting at $10k HKD topping out at $36k HKD When these iCadets become a Capt!! And of course, all non factored with CPI or other market forces for the length of one's career.

Thank you John for helping me know that the 2 occasions I've turned this offer down is the right decision. CX don't want experience, they want cheap labour and the naive dreams of kids with zero hours experience services that grab for money.

When I did interview for CX so long ago now the way to handle the question "What do you think or know of the 49ers" was "I'm sorry, I do not know enough to comment about it". THANK YOU for taking that naive and ignorant answer away.