PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Harriers to be sold to US Marines for £34M - Telegraph
Old 16th Jun 2011, 07:47
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Telegraph is becoming quite the paper of choice to "place" selected stories. Wonder how serious Mr Fox was when he said criminal action will be taken against those who leak stories.

As for Con Coughlins bit. Wow - he really needs to keep a good lookout for the black Omegas to arrive at his front door with some of the "accusations" he throws around!!!

I am reliably informed that the decision to sell the Harriers, which was only taken yesterday, was an act of vengeance against Admiral Stanhope for daring to suggest that the Government might wish to reconsider its decision to scrap a vital maritime capability.
In January, the MoD ordered BAE Systems to commit a wanton act of vandalism by ripping the wings off the new billion-pound fleet of Nimrod surveillance aircraft, to ensure there could be no further argument over its future. This, I’m told, was the MoD’s way of punishing BAE for refusing to compromise on the contracts to build two new aircraft carriers.
Trouble is whenever I see the phrases "I am reliably informed" and "I'm told" I always think "I have made up" (or "I have read a post on PPRuNe from someone who makes out that they are 'in the know' so it must be true")