PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About BA sponsored Pilot training
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2001, 01:00
BigTimeWannabe

Thumbs down

I think if there are no pilots jobs when you qualify, you can walk away without paying for anything and have pilots qualifications.

But there is a catch! Because this only applies if they don't offer you employment in 18 months. Note: it says employment, but theres nothing that says it's a pilots job! And if they offer you a job as a toilet cleaner within 18 months, you have to take it!!!

Now let me explain why I've come to this conclusion. On the BA recruitment website in the trainee pilot section they have a section on pilots who have been through the scheme. If you go to Graeme he talks about how he had to be a flight attendent for some time after qualifying because no pilot jobs were available due to the gulf war. My theory is BA offered him a job as cabin crew a year after he qualified, which he had to take because of the 18 month employment rule. He was a cabin crew for 2 years. So 3 years after he qualified he finally got a job as a pilot with BA. Pretty tricky by BA if you ask me.

This wouldn't be much of a problem had the Americans not voted for George W. Bush, cos his policy is to bomb the hell out of Iraq! Therefore a potential Gulf War, and not good news for BA Trainees desprate to work in the cockpit rather than the galley.

These are my own theories, so don't take it as entirely true, but if you follow what I said you would see the logic.

I also wellcome feedback on this statement!

BTW