PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Invitation to participate in Academic Study on Pilot Personality
Old 16th Jun 2011, 01:20
Caroline Correa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Prelim results as promised more to come

Would like to thank all PPRuNe participants that made it possible for me to obtain an International sample. Thesis committee particularly acknowledged the cultural diversity of the participants made possible by PPRuNE membership.

The study showed a definite correlation between specific personality factors and the pilot's ability to engage in meaningful interpersonal relationships so vital to CRM. These personality traits were Extroversion and Emotional Stability.

At this time the study is being translated to the English language and prepared for submission to peer reviewed journals.

We decided to leave the survey website accessible for one full year in order to recruit more participants, which could lead to further findings.

The Interpersonal Relationship Scale, one of the study objectives, was validated after statistical analysis.

Once again my appreciation to all the PPRuNe membership. I remain at your service for anything that I could be of help to this important aviation forum.

Caroline Correa Mercado PhD
Industrial Organizational Psychology