PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA,BACX,BALPA-Conflict of interest?
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 19:56
alvinsmate

Cool

I am a happy member of BACX, fortunate enough to based where I want to be on the jet fleet.
I would like to publicly commend the BACX CC for their tireless work regarding these issues.
The way forward is to work together, and the management have to realise that BA as a company is not the be all and end all in the marketplace now. Whilst I accept that the T&C s are better than that offered by BACX, is the lifestyle. I like working in the regions, and my home life is important to me.

There is no way that any turboprop pilots should be disadvantaged by SCOPE, that is what is currently being proposed by the BA CC not their management, and there is no way that BA should have any access to BACX aircraft unless we have that recipricol arragement, whithout condition.

BA seem to forget that BACX already have the 146. With over 100 seats, are they suddenly going to demand they fly that aircraft. Or is that just an opportunity to dispatch the management to be based in Inverness ?

I commend the BACX CC, as many other posts do, because in truth, they ARE THE ONLY ONES coming out of this with any real credit.

Well done Bill and Giles