PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR renewal while on job seekers,help!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 19:54
mbATPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry IR renewal while on job seekers,help!

Hi all i dont often post on here,but just wanted anyone's take on the problem of being unemployed, and on Job Seeker's Allowance, and the problem of keeping current. Sometimes feel I am the only Pilot on JSA.
The big problem I have at the moment is that I am coming up to my 5 year deadline to renew my IR. Otherwise its back to CAA Staff examiners for the test.
I am probably gonna get shot down here with some saying that I've had 5 years to sort it, and there must have been a way for me to renew prior to now, but life isn't always that black & white, and often its complicated.

My rating runs out on Saturday, and I've been to the Banks for help, the Job Centre, and even called BALPA for advice and the only advice they could give me was to email me a booklet on 'How to become a Pilot'..it would have laughable if it wasn't so serious ! I've been working my socks off to try and get the money together for quite some time, but its hard enough just to keep bills etc going let alone put much to one side for a renewal !

I've approached Flying Schools, but havn't found any that do payment terms for an IR Renewal anymore.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Is anyone else finding themselves in this situation ?