PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 18:02
Kinocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my sister flew LDY to FAO, and she reported that two rows of seats were closed off.
As stated by other posters, this does not automatically mean the route is restricted in terms of load.

It interesting that the amount of passengers carried on TFS are different to the Spanish stats. I have had this problem before when it comes to CSO stats as well.
I think there is definitely an issue with the accuracy of the CAA stats. The CSO and AENA stats are usually in agreement with each other but the CAA ones are generally all over the place.

I think EDI would be better for BE out of LDY due to the distance between EDI and Preswick.
Edinburgh and Prestwick are really well connected by road and rail though. The half price train to Prestwick makes the trip very enticing from the east of Scotland. My opinion would be that, based on the hold Ryanair have on the Scotland to Derry market at Prestwick to date, their increase in flights towards a daily service, the larger presence of people from the NW of Ireland in the west of Scotland compared to the east, and the early stats on LDY-MAN, I don't think a flybe route from Edinburgh is a goer at this point in time.