PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrier Aviation = Cheapest
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 18:01
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
draken55,

I'm not sure what it is I said that you disagree with. If it was that there isn't enough money in the defence budget for carriers, F-35s and to then still be able to provide sufficient capable ASW assets, then you're simply wrong - there just isn't enough money.

The point I made was in reference to the Defence Budget!! Yes, we as a country have enough money for all the toys, if the government of the day elects to spend more on defence and less on education, health, social services, loans to the IMF, etc - but that isn't going to happen as long as any government wants to get elected for more than one term!!!

If you don't believe that reducing our national debt is an issue, I suggest you discuss it with the people of Greece, Ireland, Portugal, etc...... Let alone any credible politician (if you can find one!) in this country. Even Labour consider debt reduction a priority - it is the speed of reduction that they disagree with the current government over, and Darling's plans for reduction were not as different from the current government's as people imagine!