PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air trafic controllers
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2002, 18:38
md 600 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air trafic controllers

just to warm things up

air trafic controllers

i know they have a hard job and most of them are excellent but there are a few of them that suck.

2 weeks ago i was passing by east mids zone going underneath their 1500 stub on the derby side i called them to tell them where i was and the usual height ,track callsign ect [as you do ] when i got the answer i did not want your life story , the next day i got a phone call from a caa examiner friend of mine saying he had heard the message to me from atc i asked him if i had said my radio wrong and he confirmed i was correct

the next week i went same track again and said i was a heli passing through[ no details given] he said he wanted all my details cant win can you next time i wont even speak to them.

passing under the stub of a approach in uncontrolled airspace does not require you to talk to atc but to all of the airliners that have tcas when approaching all they see is your transponder i would think that it would be good airmanship to report your position as they cant see your height what would you do in future

messages in a bottle please