PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 10:21
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Cactus. Well then it is pretty simple. It is too hard and too costly for you to come. How about go and pay for a A320 type rating like so many have and go and chase the airlines.

Don't give me the figures for the "average Indian". The Indians that train to become pilots are NOT your average Indian. I have met a large amount of them at my flying school back home, they were paying anywhere between $75,000 to $100,000 for a CPL with a multi IFR.
Whats another $5000 when you are paying that much? Hell most wont even blink when they fork out $20000 for a A320 rating.

Nothing is gaurenteed in aviation until you have signed the contract and sitting at the controls.

Where on earth did you get those figures from? 100 people? My ass! At tops there would have been 60 people. Even then most of them didnt stick around for long. I know of even one person who was here in the morning, passed out his cv's, then left in the afternoon.
Off the top of my head, there was 22 people hired this year. That is more than last year. People that were here that didn't get jobs will laugh at what I have just said. But it is the facts.

Where else on this earth will you have a 1/3 chance of getting your first aviation job?
In Northern Australia I was up against the same number of people for around 10 jobs.
Back in New Zealand I was up against the same number, for 1 job.
A nice figure that we have back home is that 80% of the CPL holders in NZ are NOT flying commercially.

@MichaelPL. I love your attitude. I truely hope that you do get a job somewhere. I know you will. You have the right attitude for it.

@Prop~ A little wrong there. Its just the majority of the people turning up here are from SA. Its used to be mainly Kiwi's here, but they don't really know about this place anymore.
The problem with Indians are the work visas and permits, its just like that in Namibia as well.