PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Simple Truth
Thread: A Simple Truth
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 09:19
mohikan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Simple Truth

I read with dismay todays email from AIPA in relation to the latest JQ "claim" to allow foreign DEC's open slather to fly domestically in Aus.

Yet another move in the never ending war on pilots in this country.

The simple truth is however, that regardless of what Australian trained ATPL's are paid from this point onwards, airfares will not go down as a result.

Any further margin Bain & Co, BCG and Oldmeadow Consulting achieves for Qantas will not be passed on to the consumer. Instead it will end up as a component of remuneration for the QF senior executive group.

When external consultants are brought in with an 'alternate' business plan, they always present the outcomes in terms of the effect on KPI's for the existing management team. I have this direct from an acquaintance who works for Bain & Co.

Lets call a spade a spade though - whilst there are thousands of high quality contract airline pilots plying their trade worldwide, QF and JQ are targeting, through Parc Aviation, 2nd and 3rd world pilots who they can pay a minimum wage.

Given the recent events in India involving 'fake' Captains, and the generally low standards in eastern europe and the former CIS states where the QF group is currently actively recruiting, my message to the travelling public is this:

Given that your price point is not going to change, you should insist on an Australian trained and experienced ATPL at the controls of your JQ / QF jet.