PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2011, 06:19
Cactus225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Majority of people? Really?

I have been through this post enough number of times to know the that more than 100 people turn up there looking for a job every season. Out of these about 10-15 seem to get hired every season. Apparently, the one who stays the longest has the maximum chance of getting a job. ( Guess they wanna see you tough up to the rugged African lifestyle before they trust you for a 3 year contract ). Indians dont get a Visa to stay more than a month. So makes things a bit difficult there. Guess you really have to shine out in the first week itself.

Anyways, 10 out of 100 are better odds than in most of the cases.

The 4000-5000USD spent on that trip would be really worth the experience- ONLY IF YOU MANAGE TO LAND A JOB OVER THERE. I personally dont have money for a pleasure trip.

But we would never find out unless we make it there our self.

Thing is 5000 USD is a lot of money for an Indian. ( Thats more than what an average Indian earns after three years of hard work.) Honestly, even I am not sure about going all the way. ( Expense I would like to avoid without an absolute guarantee for a job. )

So, I really dont know what to say Pujan.
Tough times huh?

But then I guess you already know all this, I have just summed up what I read through this entire thread. I dont know of any Indian working over there though. And there are quite a few who tried.

So, if you are asking me for my perspective about this as an Indian pilot- there you have it.
The temptation for that African adventure and getting back in the air Vs. my anxiety about spending all that money and not achieving anything in return.

If you just want a Pilots perspective of this, there area lot many others who could guide you better.

Some more relevant input from pilots already working there / recruiters would be a lot more beneficial than my words here though.

- perhaps lilflyboy could guide us better.