PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Assistance - comparison of airports
Old 15th Jun 2011, 05:34
notlangley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Names of PRM Companies - and names of actual Helpers

It would probably be useful to have in the public domain the names of companies that provide a service for "Passenger with Reduced Mobility" - which is usually abbreviated to PRM._ So for example, the praise that Smeagol has given to Stanstead is praise for the good works of MITIE Group PLC._ Smeagol also praises Luton, and interestingly this is also praise for MITIE Group PLC.

I have attempted to find the names of firms that provide PRM service._ It is exceptionally difficult to get this information._ This is the best that I could do._ It is not surprising that at least one journalist has produced an out-of-date name.
Heathrow - AirServ
Leeds - AirServ
Manchester - AirServ
Stanstead - MITIE Group PLC
Luton - MITIE Group PLC
Gatwick - G4S
Birmingham - OCS
East Midlands - OCS
Liverpool - OCS
Belfast - OCS
Many providers were changed last year because the service was put up for tender (typically a five year) at many airports._ Google produces a mix of old and new with the dates being undeclared._ Please post if the above information is wrong or out of date.

When I am in a wheelchair I cannot see my helper and so I cannot see whether or not the name of his firm is on his uniform, whether or not this name is obscured by a luminous yellow jacket or whether or not he/she wears a name-badge.

I believe that it ought to be a lot easier for passengers with reduced mobility to know names of "pushers" and their company._ But my opinions do not matter - what is much more important is how many other passengers think the same way as I do.