PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 21:50
widebodyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all. Long-time listener, first-time caller!

I for one can completely understand why BALPA didn't recommend the latest "offer" It's all fur coat and no knickers!

I'm right at the bottom of the pile and, therefore, money is tight. I was phoned the day before yesterday asking me to come in on my first day off. I'd already done six days so that would have been my seventh in a row. I could really use the extra cash but, as this was my first run of three days off in three months, I felt I could use the time off more than I could use the money. Not to mention I was fairly irritated to have been asked to work because they were "desperate" only the day after receiving a letter telling me how lucky I was to have a job when we were selling aircraft but not getting rid of anyone. I frequently work 6 and 2, lates to earlies and I'm knackered. And before anyone says that I knew what I was getting myself into before I signed on the line let me say that I don't think I did know. And really, in all honesty, how many people do know what they're getting themselves into when they're fresh out of the sausage factory, bright eyed, enthusiastic and delighted to be getting the chance to live the "dream"? Feel Like You're Being Exploited? I know I feel like my goodwill is!