PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 18:35
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bearfoil
It sounds like "A Warning that is displayed on PFD has been recorded." Is that so that it can be read by Mx more eassily? As in "Speed Limit" .functionality' is lost? Or is all this just bunk airspeed data at the Peetos?

Thanks, you are a gold mine.
No problem.

Now, I'm pretty sure that MX will have a lookup table to cross-reference what those brief text statements actually mean. If you read the PDF I linked, you'll find all the FCOM references to those ACARS messages and what they mean. In the case of the message you're talking about, the "green dot" display on the PFD which gives the manouvering speed and the VLs (minimum selectable airspeed) has disappeared because the airspeed information has dropped out. In this case SPD LIM means that those limiting speeds are not displayed.

If I've done my homework right, an ACARS overspeed message would be similar to the ECAM messages and would clearly be identified as OVER SPEED.

@RR_NDB:

These are the ACARS messages that are effectively maintenance-only:

2:11:49 - .1/FLR/FR0906010210 34111506 EFCS2 1,EFCS1,AFS,,,,,PROBE-PITOT 1X2 / 2X3 / 1X3 (9DA),HARD
2:11:55 - .1/FLR/FR0906010210 27933406 EFCS1 X2,EFCS2X,,,,,,FCPC2 (2CE2) /WRG:ADIRU1 BUS ADR1-2 TO
FCPC2,HARD
They're listed in the same PDF. FCOM information is given, but if I understand it correctly, the first message refers to pitot data failure, and the second refers to the same data discrepancy in the computer system itself (ChristiaanJ : note the presence in the full message of BUS, implying data transmission rather than physical wiring problem).

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 14th Jun 2011 at 18:47.