PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The eager beaver pilot
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 16:30
Big-Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Is this really what it's like in the dual-pilot cockpit now? Glad I'm SP. Whilst I would expect to be aided by my co-pilot (if I had one) I would feel uncomfortable, unnerved even, if I thought he/she was there with a judgmental mindset with the intention to undermine.

Like alf5071h, I've often wondered about television exposure on my children. I often sit and watch what they're watching just to check-up and try to (in my own untrained way) assess its impact. I often have non-electric days where they have to invent their own fun. (Parents, try it! After the initial whinges, the results can be enlightening, after all, creative play is crucial to developing social skills). Is too much telly/gaming the reason behind the cultural change described? I don't really know.

I do know that modern CRM techniques apply effective communication as being key. Just to throw another thought in, is this eager-beaver mentality a function of the relative age and inexperience in the modern airliner RHS I hear about so often. I mean to say, has this cultural change been determined by the airlines themselves by their employing ever less experienced copilots in order to save money?