PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 15:54
F50driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
of course there are some positive sides. There were many nice respected colleague's. (and many other good ones left as well) Instead of mentioning more unpleasant experiences, I rather give some advise to new pilots and current employees. There was a attempt to make a stronger Union which failed. The cabin crew are blessed with a STRONG Union. And there were several cases were they really needed it. The gap between management and pilots (and CC) is enormous.

I think it's worth mentioning again that you really need to look out for yourself (and cpt PS is doing a pretty good job). And everyone is actually doing it but the lack of unity makes it easy for the management to do whatever they want.

My advise: Try to make a stronger Union. I know we all make compromises now and then but if everyone just keeps their heads down for what is coming it will
not get better. I respect those who tried but eventually everyone gave up.
So did I when I noticed there was no one left. That was my mistake. The newcomers are in a weak positions but people who are already in the company for some years can still make a difference. (take another beer and think about it)