PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 12:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 366 Likes on 223 Posts
Dozy:
Warmest regards, but what PJ2 stated (which you quoted) and what Conf cited you as saying (he quoting you) aren't the same thing. I think his concern is ...
"The only way autotrim is activated is if the stick is fully deflected and held there past the elevator travel limit. It's there to give the pilot more authority when the chips are down."

Ah, I note Chris Scott has responded, I'll not comment other than to say "the way you paraphrased that isn't how I understood PJ2's point."

Regarding this:
rather than having to dance between the stick, throttles and trim wheel with only two hands
You might be surprised to learn that novice student pilots do this every day in cable operated aircraft (I did in the T-28 ages ago, with prop lever and throttle and mixture on the throttle quadrant, just above the trim wheel for the elevator, and Naval flight students still do this in the T-34 with just throttle above the trim wheel) and don't seem to be overloaded. It isn't that hard, particularly at altitude. Now, in a high task environment ... depends on what you train to do and what your habits are.