PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2011, 09:10
Flughaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai going although I agree with you sentiments about quality of life etc for me at least I need more money from Ryanair to achieve this.
I am probably one of the unlucky long timers in FR who has moved bases on perm contract twice for family reasons.
Each time I moved I was given a new take it or leave it contract with less pay each time. On top of this we have received significant tax increases in Ireland reducing salaries further.
I would not consider it a fair policy that FR have adopted. My last and final base change was from a small continental base back to Dublin where the cost of living is double. I was earning a higher basic salary while I was abroad and now have had my salary systematically destroyed by the company. It very depressing to see some young Captains who have been in the company half the time earning more on the basic salary and same time joiners earning up to 20k more on basic as the have not done any base change.
I am not looking for sympathy as it was my choices to move for the family but it is really leaving me feeling unmotivated and depressed by the whole set up. There is no fairness in this company and it now saddens me that I am actively looking to get out for the money and respect I deserve, as I would have loved to have stayed with the great bunch of colleagues I have got to know over the 10 years + I have been there.
Nothing will change except get leaner ie more reductions, as the company finds tougher times ahead in the future. The only thing that will save the pilots is a UNION. If you are a FR pilot brookie or perm I would urge you to join REPAWEB educate yourself and start getting involved to protect your future.