PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 Thread No. 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 22:14
bearfoil

Lonewolf

"...Remember: ACARS is a system intended to inform the manitenance shop what things were going wrong while the plane was flying, so they can have repair or replace options ready when the aircraft arrives at the next maintenance facility. The more I learn about it, the more useful I think it is for the paying customers. Faster turn around times and fewer things not working between stops could be a benefit of this system ... except of course for things that require major repair..."

Let's say I troubleshoot my aircraft aloft, and radio to Leo that xxx needs replacement, and I have two hours to layover on my way to Vegas. Leo says "Roj, bear, no big."

I own a GV and Leo pays his mortgage and buys a Corvette each year on 'my' dime. Pressure? uh, yep. Same with the Line, only worse. If I'm late, Leo deals with me, and he knows I will understand. On the ramp, Charlie has a poor record "keeping up" with Mx demands, because he is "old fashioned".

219 pax, a crew of twelve, all with Plans, and some are not so nice. ACARS is useful, but it is only a tool. Have you ever tried to show a beancounter how to use a tool?

bear

Dozy What I posted was evidence, from no less than BEA. You reply with three degrading possibilities for PF? Anything in your quiver that at least gives our Friend David a chance at saving his reputation? Because I know in my bones you think TRIMMING two barn doors is a good idea when you are about to die.