PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 16:38
leeroy_jenkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotcop,

flight crew on last flight of a 5/3 roster....so what, the roster is stable, sufficient time for rest
most of the time, but what about the week out of base, on earlies, commuting on day 0 and day 6, four sector days, 20 2 hour flights in total. All this at an unfamiliar base, mostly new destinations - more opportunities for gotchas than when you're in your comfort zone. common sense tells me this is bull$hit. If you think this is a good way of life pilotcop, i'm sure you'll be appreciated - you sound like an asset to the company and you're in the best possible place - that much is certain.

operating out of base.....positioning on days off, ok it can be annoying, doesn't make me any more tired
idiotic statement. if you get up at 3:30 in the morning to drive somewhere to catch an early flight to the far side of europe, it should be on your rostered duty hours.

This Loco stuff will sort itself out one way or another. They've been fortunate to be able to recruit a higher caliber of pilot over the last few years than they deserve but the signs are that the trend is reversing. That isn't speculation, i've heard that from various sources and its about time.