PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat life in Dehli.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 14:11
itsbrokenagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FATA exam is a kinda airlaw exam all expats must do within 3 mths to validate your license, first step is the medical and the initial oral exam on your company ops manual and they visually check your licenses and logbooks. After this your company will organise a date for your fata exam. When I did it, it was stupid, and if I hadnt of been able to get a hold of some previous leaked papers I wouldnt have passed, it had stupid questions in it, like for a Helicopter pilot licensing requirements! If you fail your first attempt, you have to stop flying, if you fail a second time you are out of the country.

FRRO, is the foreigners registration office, dont know about Delhi but in Kolkata its a hideous place that stinks of dirty socks! You go there to register your presence in the country and they issue you this little blue book made of rice paper, its a strange thing that appears to have no purpose but to keep people employed!

I have known 2 JAA Class 1 medical holders that have failed the Indian DGCA exam, if you are sent to Delhi for this exam , then dont expect to pass easily if at all!